Your questions, answered.

Student Property FAQ's

Yes, our bills option for most properties is via Unihomes and includes gas, electricity, water and tv license. Internet is not included as we provide this for free. The bills amount is a monthly direct debit that is paid to Unihomes and is separate to rent payments. Properties will state if they are with the Unihomes deal or not.

All our student properties have, free of charge, the most powerful broadband connection available, the majority being fibre optic.
You can connect in every room by Ethernet port or Wi-Fi so if the Wi-Fi fails you have “hard wired”
The systems are maintained by our highly experienced technician who is very familiar with them because he installed them!
He is always available to talk through a problem, offer advice or visit to repair.

You can do this by emailing or calling us on 0114 266 4349 or 0114 267 0155

Yes, one deposit of £250 per person is required and if you stay with us your deposit will be carried forward. This deposit will be protected under the MyDeposits scheme.

We recommend you take out contents insurance for your personal belongings.

Yes, all of our properties come fully furnished.

Our student properties include: 

All furniture





If something is damaged or faulty just let us know and we will replace it.

You can pay this monthly or with the 3-payment method which aligns with your student loan dates. This should be paid by setting up a standing order either online or by the standing order form we send out.

Once we have received your deposit, rent, ID, information form and payment method you can collect your key from our office at the start of the tenancy. You must make an appointment via to collect keys (we will send you a link to book your appointment)

Yes, the student properties are cleaned within the first 10 days of the tenancy. This is because the previous tenants move out on 1st of July as well as new tenants moving in on that day.

When you arrive at the property you should let us know if anything is missing or damaged so that we can sort it out for you.

If the property is left in the same state as the start of the tenancy, then the deposits will be returned in full. Any damages will be deducted from the deposit.

We prefer the keys to be returned to our office where they are collected from however, they can be posted to us.

You need to let us know if this is the case by either email or calling us. We are very understanding and will try to help wherever we can.

Yes, however you must find a new tenant to replace you and you will be responsible for the rent until you have done so.

Our dedicated maintenance team is here to help with any issues just give us a call or email us.

Full time students are exempt from paying council tax. Ensure you send us your details and course information so we can pass this on to the council for the exemption application.

We no longer require you to wear a mask at viewings or signings. If you wish to wear a mask that is fine with us.

We'd love to hear from you

Do you have a question for us? Just ask.

Compare listings